Thursday 9 June 2011

June 9th: Chive Talkin’

Here’s a few shots of a chive plant in my backyard that I’ve basically been ignoring (other than to cut some very tasty stems from it). I’ve had it for years, in the same pot, modest sunlight conditions. Back in early May or late April, before it had started to sprout,  I sprinkled some Better World Plant Food into the pot (since I had a bunch of free sample product).  Take a look at these results. Definitely a bigger plant than in previous years (sorry, no comparison photos, you gotta take my word on it). And a more peppery-tasting plant than I remember.


These chives they be jivin'! 


And here’s today’s growth. No commentary tonight... I’m lazy, remember? Just have a look at yesterday’s blog for details & to compare growth. 
Jeez, lookit those beanz!!!















1 comment:

  1. Those chives look great! The beans are growing like crazy and you are going to have some delicious strawbs when they ripen. Nice!

    ReplyDelete