Monday 13 June 2011

June 13th: Berries and lettuce ready for harvest.

Today’s post is mostly pictures, because I’m too distracted, watching Vancouver blowing their 3 game lead over Boston. 

 It’s a jungle in here! Miracle Gro on left, Better World on right. 

 The beans are coming along great. (On Better World).

 Eggplant & fig tree, basil on Better World.





 Strawberries, water only.

 Strawberries, on Miracle Gro.

 Strawberries, on Better World.

  Strawberries, on Better World.
I’d say at least one of these is ready for the taste test. Tomorrow! 


My marigolds are buried in the shade of the tomatoes. But they still seem happy on Better World.  Not so happy on MiracleGro.


 Marigolds on Better World. 
 Marigolds on Better World. 

  Marigolds on Miracle Gro. 
 Marigolds on Miracle Gro.

Lettuce ready to serve!
 L to R: water only, MiracleGro, Better World.



 L to R: water only, MiracleGro, Better World.

Lettuce seems to do better on MiracleGro. This may be due to the higher nitrogen content in MiracleGro, but I’m no scientist. 

Tomorrow I will perform the most important test of all: the Taste Test! 
Stay tuned. 

2 comments:

  1. Well, maybe slather some whipped cream on that lone berry to help take the bitter sting of Vancouver's annihilation. I was going to watch the game, called it before the game, that Boston was going to win 5-1. I don't know if that happened or not as I stopped watching after the first period (too painful).

    Keep the berries and cream handy though. God I hope you wont' need them. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! It was a painful game to watch, Gwen. I didn’t buy any cream yet. Seemed a waste for a few lonely berries.

    ReplyDelete