Friday 24 June 2011

June 24th: some yellowing leaves... too much water?

 So, one of my more knowledgeable gardener friends has suggested to me that the plants are getting too much water. He says this is indicated by the presence of yellowing leaves (which he could see in some of the posted photos).  
Given the 3 days of continuous rain, it’s a challenge to say just how much water the plants are getting. That said, I've drilled additional drainage holes into the grey containers. Hopefully this will help.

Credit for this painting: Rain Storm, Union Square, 1890, Museum of the City of New York.
by Childe Hassam, a leading American impressionist painter.

All tips, suggestions, advice and crude remarks are welcome by The Lazy Gardener. The more you tell me, the less work I have to do. 


2 comments:

  1. Whose the artist and title of the work you used above?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gwen,

    Quite right! I forgot to credit:

    Rain Storm, Union Square, 1890, Museum of the City of New York.
    by Childe Hassam, a leading American impressionist painter.

    ReplyDelete