Monday 30 May 2011

May 30th: It’s been 4 days! Can we harvest yet?!

Jeez... this growing stuff takes forever. Pass the cheesepuffs please.


A couple of observations:  MIracleGro raspberry and basil looks equal to BetterWorld.  
Tomatoes look slightly happier on MiracleGro. 
Marigolds are not happy with MiracleGro at all, but doing nicely with BetterWorld. 



Marigolds are not happy with MiracleGro.




Marigolds are shiny happy people on Better World. 








When I first planted this stuff, I , being such a klutz, 
managed to damage the stalks of a couple of the marigolds on the BetterWorld side.  
I’m not sure if you can see it clearly, but the blossom on the left has a kink in the stem. 
This is one of the plants I damaged.  The bloom was clearly hanging south, with a 95º  bend to the stem. In 3 days, this flower has revived and ‘straightened’ to a 15º  bend.  
On Better World. 
All without expensive physio-therapy or chiropractic treatment. 



One other comment: I might have purchased the wrong basil. It’s kind of bitter-tasting, rather than the sweet stuff I prefer. I’m not sure if what I’m tasting is chemical fertilizer from the original hot-house grower (Freeman Herbs  http://www.freemanherbs.com/), or if this is just what Albahaca Columnar is supposed to taste like. Will keep you posted. 


A few people have asked me to include a control sample. 
In the next few days, I’ll do that with a fresh set of herbs and strawberries.  Spread the news! 

No comments:

Post a Comment